A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

Tis just another day's journey...

And hell, I ain't glad about it.
Let me first say this...I think I've found a church home! I'm extremely excited. Why am I excited? Well, my friend who's here visiting for the next month and three weeks says that I'm very conceited and arrogant and I go to church for the wrong reason. Well, I don't go to look at the boys...although, it helps me get into the Holy mood if the view is right. But, despite popular belief, I don't look for a place of worship with all the fancy do-dads and dad-dos. It's just that well, I've come from a place where we've been through the growing pains. Hell, I was a part of the growing pains. So, at this point I'm looking to pick up the pieces right where I left them. So, hell...I found a place.
Check this out: "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in doing everthing the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law. They are like trees planted along the riverbank bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper!" Psalms 1:1-3
As a little church lad, I've read this scripture many times before. Never once did I view this as divine instruction for my path of life. For example all the verbs of the first sentence are extremely progressive and natural in action. I never saw that. They are also applicable to many areas of life. Not only that but there are three conditional promises:
  • A promise of productivity: Hell, there is a tree and it's planted by the stream. If two and two equal four then productivity is a natural bi-product of a healthy system. The point: Check where your ass is planted! If you're not productive where you're planted, it may be time to move.
  • A promise of preservation: Aiight, so there's a leaf on this tree. The promise is that throughout every season, the leaves on the tree will remain as green and a ripe as are in the most prudent season. So, we obey the condition of the first sentence because of preservation. Preservation is simple - pre means before...and serve means to be of use. So, this means that God was of some use to us BEFORE we knew about being of some use to him. You know "Oh how I love Jesus, because he first loved me." Yea, that's some good shit!
  • A promise of prosperity: I don't like it when many people teach about prosperity cuz they take it out of it's original context. So, if I follow the conditions of the first sentence, then I will have the grace to do nothing more than push forward in any situation or activity I'm in. The scripture says whatever I set out to do shall prosper...that's all conditional upon verse #1. And...that's good news.

Oh yea, so a nigga is chillin at this church on Sunday mornings from now on!!! This is home now...I'm happy as hell.

Oh yea, CARIBE and I are doing wonderful. We've gone out for dinner a few times. We saw a few movies together (don't waste your money on The Honey.Mooners). We have daily conversations. We discuss The Golden Girls. We've made out (but never to the point of revealing our wee-wees). We're chillin...Oh yea, he was even in the car w/me when I was hit Monday night (Damn East Coast drivers) and he did his best to console me and make me feel better. You know, it's way too early to tell if he's the one...but, I can see my self with a sexy ass carribbean accented muh fucka. I really can. He was actually trying to teach me how to speak w/an accent one day last week....that was definitely a memorable moment. Although he says I speak like I'm from the country...that wasn't good.

I'm out...

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Blogger N4R 7:18 AM

I am happy you foung a churh home as well. I felt some kind of way calling you The ChurchBoy and you didn't have one to call your own.    



Two cents left by: Blogger lj 1:36 AM

been reading your blog for a minute ...just wanted to say good luck with Caribe    



Two cents left by: Blogger N4R 10:45 PM

Excuse me - can I get an update...thanks!!!    



» Post a Comment


online