A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

I should have been a chicken, right?

Well, that dude started it. I know, I know - you're right she still is who she is, but damn yo - how much will I have to take. I mean there has to be another way around this, right? Isn't it supposed to be different that what it is now?

Last week, I compared my self to the chickens in Key West. Today, I'm still comparing myself. Let's just say while walking down the oblivious path to destiny, I responded to some "obstacles" in the road. Moreso, just physically doing what I could do to make my journey easier. Well, in the process, mother dearest caught a hold of some stuff. As you might imagine, her response wasn't the greatest.

Here's the conversation from last night as I remember it:
--
The Phone (Where would I be without your love, where would I be without your grace)
**You have to have called me in order to understand**

Me: Hello
Her: The Church Boy, Why did you lie like you did?
Me: What do you mean?
Her: This damn newsletter - you stretched the motherfuckin' truth.
Me: In what part? What do you mean?
Her: You know damn well what I mean. You said all this shit, but you never said what the hell you did.
Me: So, the scars I have and all the things that happened weren't true.
Her: You know damn well you had every damn thing until you started acting a fool.
Me: As a child, I was acting a fool?
Her: You know what - FUCK YOU!

My phone displayed the call was ended and the amount of time spent in the conversation, which was no more than 1 minute.
--
How do I feel?I don't feel hurt or surprised, I'm used to this. It's hard to view this situation through a typical "mother-son" type of view. Moreso at this point, I view this as an "adult-adult" type of view. What makes me say damn is the fact that in the 21st Century, the year 2005, two people - two adults - two Christians - can't disagree in an agreeable way. That's the biggest issue for me. How can two adults not be able to stop and simply talk about issues and work towards a resolution?

Yea, that's how I feel.

No4real4real - I know she's my mother - but damn, why does it have to be like this. Check out the "I'm Officially an East Coaster" post. That's my story. That's the shit I've had to deal with for so damn long! Just like my new poem:

My Question Is
My question still remains - ain't it funny just the way life goes?
From the front line of the pawn, to the side bar of the rook, and to the status of the bishop is the way I'm supposed
To move in this status of life
It should be free from strife
No pain, all joy, no sorrow
I'm sitting here, typing in my blog realizing the same problems from yesterday are the same problems I'll deal with tomorrow.

Keep me in yalls prayers...I'm vulnerable as hell right now. I need a hug!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 9:23 AM

Damn yo...I just said a prayer for you.    



Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 11:32 AM

wow... isnt she missing your going away party for a church gathering?

its kinda hard to judge someone's mom. I am not especially close to my mom, but when I look at what others have been through, I am appreciative of her. And I still love and respect her dearly.

She may not express her love for me in the way that I might want her to, but I know that she does... in the best way she knows how.    



Two cents left by: Blogger N4R 11:48 AM

Yo man I am with you on this. I really am, but I am going to continue to say as I said before - THAT IS STILL YOUR MOTHER! Don't think that I am taunting you, because I am not. For you I am using it the same way I see if for myself, as a term of endearment. It really is and I swear my blog will explain. I read The Time Has Come and I now that I reflect on it I wish I didn’t. As I told you on your last blog I was going to share with you my story on my mother. My friends who KNOW me, know that story is ME. Not all of me but it is me. Me which has made me what I am now and continue to effect the later me. Its me, not all of me, but is me. Okay, getting back to my point, I don’t want you to think I am trying to battle war stories with you. I now see that your story is mine and mine is yours. I can easily still hate my mother, but that is THAT IS STILL MY MOTHER...

Just know you are truly blessed. Your party this evening will show that. Boy if I was at your dinner I would be there congratulating you and balling like a little punk. I am sure you will have enough criers to fill that role. Enjoy!    



Two cents left by: Blogger The Foxybrown Show 4:42 PM

It will be all good handsome,
We all go through something with our family at one time or another...I don't think you should have been chicken but just know your limits baby boi...It's as simple as this maybe next time don't answer until you BOTH have had time to cool off...I bet you Five Foxy dollars that by next week she would have apologized and things will be back to normal....Until the next time (smile) it's the weekend!    



» Post a Comment


online