A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

Ra.chel R.ay...I love her!!!

Yes - this is something that most folks don't know about The ChurchBoy - but yes, I am secretly in love with the Fo.od Net.work. I can literally sit down and watch the channel as though it’s situation comedy. I am totally addicted. I literally watch the shows every day…all day. I have been addicted for years now. It started with Em.eril – the escaladed from there. At this point 80% of what I watch on television is on channel 73…the Fo.od Net.work.

Why am I divulging this information? Well, it’s to discuss one simple phrase, “all the rave!” Okay, So – I was watching 30 minute meals (which means that in the time it takes you to watch this program, I’ll have made a healthy and nutritious meal for all to enjoy – you have to watch the show to get it), I noticed something about Rachel Ray. Well, besides her being overtly happy all the time, she mentions something that’s new and all the rave…grilled salads. Apparently it’s where you take the hearts of romaine (or similar) and literally grill them in a grill pan. You can drizzle dressing and oil for a really tasty treat. It’s really all the rave!

What is it you ask me? What else is all the rave? Ah, Antigan boyz – of course.

Well, let me explain. So, I meet with SMIRKY as planned. We hit it off even better than expected. We ended up walking around Liberty State Park and we enjoyed a really good conversation under a tree looking directly at the Statue of Liberty. We ended up sitting there and he asked if he could hold me. Let me tell you – was I apprehensive? HELL NO! It’s been MONTHS since I’ve had this type of interaction and this church boy seized the damn opportunity! Can the church say A-MAN to that?

We did a little sexual playing – but nothing that mother would be upset at me about. But, I must say, if anything is too good to be true, then sometimes it really is. (Side-Note…niggas with neat ass dreads are the bomb – I’m so in love). So, our conversation ended up leading us to talking about our pasts, our presents, and of course – our futures. I found out that he was leaving in a few weeks to go back to school in California. So, although he mentioned his interest and showed it a few times, with interest, we came to the unsightly conclusion that we would remain friends and let the platonic road of life take its course. Before we left to go our separate ways, he did say he’d been thinking about something;

ChurchBoy: What, what is it? Go ahead and tell me.
SMIRKY: Nah, that’s okay (grabs my hand to continue to lead the path)
ChurchBoy: NO, seriously – what is it…I can handle it.
SMIRKY: No, It’s goofy – nevermind.
ChurchBoy: Come on – what is it?
SMIRKY: Okay, promise me you won’t be upset.
ChurchBoy: Okay, I promise I won’t be upset.
SMIRKY: Aiight, it’s just that I’ve been looking at you and watching you. And well, since I won’t be here there’s nothing that you and I can start. But, I have a friend – and you are completely his type. He likes guys just like you and well, I was wondering if you’d be interested.
ChurchBoy: Well, I don’t really do blind dates – but tell me about him.

So, literally – I’m thinking what do I do. Was I nervous? Yup – of course. I’ve never had this happen before. Then there’s a bunch of things that begin to go through your mind. Will he like me? Will I like him? What does he do for a living? Does he smoke? Does he have a good retirement plan? LOL – I mean, those are all questions that ran through my mind…and a few more. Ya know – how was the brother’s body…was he cute...can he kiss…does he have all his teeth.

At about 12:30 AM, my phone ring – not noticing the number, my voice reflects that:

ChurchBoy: Hello
Caribe: Yea, my name is Caribe – I got your number from my friend SMIRKY
ChurchBoy: (noticing the accent) – Yea, what’s up? How u doin?
Caribe: Good, I’m good – you?
ChurchBoy: I’m good – can’t complain

*an ackward moment happened *

Caribe: So, how weird is this?

So well, needless to say at about 2 AM, an hour and a half later, we were saying our good nights. I mentioned to him that I had to get up early because I had a conference to attend and I had to travel to get there. This nigga actually called me yesterday morning to make sure I was up. Before we hung up – we wished each other a good day – and we made plans to meet the same evening. (He was more up front than I was…a definite turn-on)

So, he calls me and tells me he’s just getting off the Metro and is approaching my house. So, I was oiling my body (ain’t shit worse than a rusty dark skinned nigga) and playing a healthy game of Bid Whist online. He soon called and told me that he was downstairs. Still, not knowing what to expect, I made the trip to the front door – down the stairs – and into the lobby to let him in.

I have to tell you a bunch of things ran through my head when I was going down the stairs. But, eventually – I met him. I must say, homeboy definitely had it going on. Going on to the point where I was almost like, “Dayum…OK!” After about 2 minutes of initial conversation (the time it took to guarantee we definitely had a vibe) I invited him upstairs. He agreed to come up. We talked…a lot. I found out we have a lot in common. I had some ol’ school music playing in the background – ya know, EWF, Gladys, Aretha, Ojay’s, etc. There was definitely a strong vibe going on. What was cute was that we kept touching each other during conversation…that was hot.

Why do I say Antigan boyz are all the rave? Well, it’s just because they are. They’re nice and plump in all the right places (trust me, I have the gift of discernment), they offer great conversation, they have this sweet innocence, and well, not many of them are ugly. I must say, ol’ boy is definitely nice – he’s 6’1, 190, a little lighter than me, nice fade, nice facial hair, a killer smile, dressed right, and he smelled right! The ultimate for me is definitely the damn accent – it had me going ALL NIGHT!

Anyway, at about midnight we decided to end our night. We shared nothing more than a hug. He called me when he got home – we recapped our evening. There were some things we didn’t get a chance to do…that’s why he’s coming over again tonight.

We’re PLAN on watching the 1st season of Golden Girls – he has it on DVD and we both love the show. Thank you for being a friend…travel down the road and back again…ya know my heart is true, you’re a pal and a confidant…thank you for being a friend.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Blogger N4R 4:09 PM

Well ALRIGHT!
You Better GET IT!!
You GO BOY!!!


I am loving it - keep us posted.    



Two cents left by: Blogger Tim 9:33 PM

I ain't mad at cha!!! GO for it and keep us posted!!!!!    



Two cents left by: Blogger Harold Gibson 5:58 PM

Any man who loves The Golden Girls is a man of intense character and out of control wackiness. Let the church rejoice!    



» Post a Comment


online