A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

I Guess I'm Toni Braxton...

Because I can finally breathe again!!! I've been completely swamped with work for the past week and a half. Well, that's what I moved here for - I moved here for work. And it's been kicking my ASS...literlly! So, I completely apologize - actually, I don't...this blog ain't paying my bills. I got about 17 e-mails from yall readers about not updating my blog. You mid-west homos can't wait to read my shit but you can't comment...come on, where is the rule of reciprocity being observed here? Whew...

So, let's reveal a bit of information. For those who aren't aware (which should be majority of yall), The ChurchBoy is yes...a youth pastor! I know...I know...you couldn't even guess, right? Yes, I spend all my hours counseling, ministering to, and pouring into the broken lives of urban teenagers. Hey, it's what God shaped me for. This stays between you and me...okay! After noticing a HUGE need in the community, I decided to do something about it. But, my organization and I can only do so much - it's a shame. So, let's just say I'm a bit fed up right now and I need to grab ahold of all my elected officials in the area after I create this circle of consumer power that exists in the community. So, the ChurchBoy is thinking on how to make this happen. I'm thinking I have enough connections already to form this ring of power - I can request to have a press conference if that doesn't work, I can make some "quiet noise" to get folks attention...well, all the details aren't quite worked out. Just know that if you turn on your nightly news and hear what sounds like the voice of a pissed off ChurchBoy...then, it's me! SMILING DL...I may need your assistance.

Well, since I was pissed off my mind started wandering. I started thinking about a few things:

Laura Winslow...where in the hell is she? She was definitely a role model to the young girls when that show was on (even to some of the boys - no my hand isn't raised). Why was she a role model? Cuz every one wanted both a Steve and Stefan Urkel! I sho' know I did..."did I do that?"

Kim from the Parkers - Why didn't her first CD do any good? I think she needs to think about recording...she can really sing!

Anyway - other than that, life has been so/so. Beside it being hotter than Satan's pussy, I have just had a bomb dropped on me. CARIBE and I were doing phenominally well. We have been going on dates at least three times a week. One of those dates always included just lounging around the house doing nothing. In which case we'd be hugged up on the couch watching The Golden Girls. We've gone into Manhattan for dinner at some really good favorite spots. Here's my reccomendation: Buona Notte. It's a cute little place for dinner and a date on the town. We happened to go right in the middle of the Little Italy fest - it was wonderful. I thought to myself, "wow, this a taste of the NY life." I even bought a few bottles of cologne - some favorites at a dirt cheap ass price. We've really been enjoying ourselves. His accent becomes more and more attractive each time we have a conversation. Our telephone conversations seem endless. We haven't had sex yet, but each time we kiss we both feel this level of satisfaction and esteem. It's wonderful!

Anyway, so he calls me and tells me that he's moving away. He works for Bally's and they're closing his location. He's relocating to Ohio. Hmmm....so, it's just about over!

But, then enters SMOOTH. God always has a ram in the bush!

"Here I am," he replied. "Do not lay a hand on the boy," God said...Abraham looked up and there in the thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.

Genesis 22:11-13 (NLT)

He's a 29 y/o executive in NYC - Tall, meduim build, fairly attractive, and has them twistie things in his hair that are not too long and not too short - they add this level of disctinction to his look that is intriguing. Where will the road leave us? I'm not sure, but it's been a long time since I've been touched - and look at your neighbor and say, "It's about that time..."

This should be interesting. It's good right now (it always is in the beginning, right?). It's only been a few days, but I'm already in love. Well, not really in love - just strong "like." He's a dire Madea fan just like me. Last night on the phone, we went back and forth with scenes from Madea. We acted them out on the phone - and where I stopped, he picked up and where he stopped I picked up - we laughed for a good hour doing those damn scenes. Ahhh...

Basking in my happiness,

The ChurchBoy

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 2:41 PM

First off, why do we always scream that "urban" youth are at so much disadvantage? I have a strong counter-argument of that pitiful excuse.

In the words of Eoghan Heaslip- "Lord, have mercy!"    



Two cents left by: Blogger N4R 2:59 PM

Okay - so why didn't I know Kim Parker had a CD out?

And - Satan got a pussy? What is going on???

Caribe is going a way. I am so upset. I don't like Smooth...
He is breaking up a happy home.    



Two cents left by: Blogger The Church Boy 10:16 AM

I'm Here - first off - no one is screaming that "urban" youth are at a disadvantage - you don't have to scream that...the proof is in the pudding. Compare our youth's resources to that of other cultures of youth...does it balance out? Now granted, some of it is OUR fault - but for the most part, those who didn't contribute to the mess shouldn't have to smell it.

And yea, No4Real - she had a CD, I saw it on Amazon.com...Caribe, he's leaving, I'm so upset - lol. Smooth really ain't breaking up a happy home. You can't break up a home that has already begun to be torn...now can you?    



Two cents left by: Blogger ShawnQt 11:38 AM

I think that it is wonderful that you are a youth minister... I'm kinda envious actually. One day I will save the world, just like you.    



Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 7:35 PM

Mr. Church Boy,

As we all know, we are very aware of the resources that is missing or lacking thereof. I thought your first priority is for the spiritual edification and guidance, not the resource manager. Am I correct in this assumption? Yes, we do need natural assistance for daily living, and people to distribute to the local assembly. However, I do have some heavy questions to ask churches and those in leadership, why spend so much time and energy in gathering resources, financial gains, securing pledged support, worrying about material needs? I thought God is responsible to handle these things if we first seek him. Am I correct about the bible in this regard? I thought we must exercise spiritual faith and apply biblical principles before reaching our hand out to the pockets that have money or the resources to assist our communities. Should we ask God to supply our needs? Should we look to man and corporations to supply our needs? Many may read this and say, “He is so abrupt and obnoxious,” but I am only trying to seek answers and point out why the church itself fails to do what God has commanded. I noticed that many (In the church- no offence to you) are wasting time and resources gathering material things, especially those in the church. Given, many did not contribute to the issues our youth face today. Shifting the blame only prolongs the issue in being resolved, that I cannot agree more with you. However, when the growing Antioch church flourished after pentecost, did not the bible say they had developed and revolved their own resources from goods and selling of possessions? Frankly, we are trying to solve a sociological issue by way of a supernatural entity with a blinded scope of whom God is and what he promised to do for those who believe in him!    



» Post a Comment


online