A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

A Slight Response...

Greetings to all...I had a very interesting comment to my previous post. Allow me to address it...

---
"Mr. Church Boy,
As we all know, we are very aware of the resources that is missing or lacking thereof. I thought your first priority is for the spiritual edification and guidance, not the resource manager. Am I correct in this assumption? Yes, we do need natural assistance for daily living, and people to distribute to the local assembly. However, I do have some heavy questions to ask churches and those in leadership, why spend so much time and energy in gathering resources, financial gains, securing pledged support, worrying about material needs? I thought God is responsible to handle these things if we first seek him. Am I correct about the bible in this regard? I thought we must exercise spiritual faith and apply biblical principles before reaching our hand out to the pockets that have money or the resources to assist our communities. Should we ask God to supply our needs? Should we look to man and corporations to supply our needs? Many may read this and say, “He is so abrupt and obnoxious,” but I am only trying to seek answers and point out why the church itself fails to do what God has commanded. I noticed that many (In the church- no offence to you) are wasting time and resources gathering material things, especially those in the church. Given, many did not contribute to the issues our youth face today. Shifting the blame only prolongs the issue in being resolved, that I cannot agree more with you. However, when the growing Antioch church flourished after Pentecost, did not the bible say they had developed and revolved their own resources from goods and selling of possessions? Frankly, we are trying to solve a sociological issue by way of a supernatural entity with a blinded scope of whom God is and what he promised to do for those who believe in him!"

---

Mr. I’m Here – you know, you are so funny. Is that all you have? I’ve enjoyed your comments throughout the past few months…it seems that you’ve been following my blog for a hot minute, which I thoroughly appreciate.

You bring up valid points and before I can address them with my opinion, let’s not presuppose. It seems you have deep concern with three issues:

1. My role in the body of Christ
2. The church’s right in the body of Christ
3. God’s responsibility in the body of Christ

My Role in the Body of Christ
Your Argument:
“As we all know, we are very aware of the resources that is missing or lacking thereof. I thought your first priority is for the spiritual edification and guidance, not the resource manager. Am I correct in this assumption?”

My Response
You make a good point. A point so good that I must give you slight accolades for acknowledging the fact that spiritual edification and guidance is needed, thus a portion of my mission. Let me warn you, the buck doesn’t stop at spiritual edification and guidance. There’s much more that people need in life than spiritual edification and guidance in terms of reaching their potential in Christ. Prime example – Jesus Christ. He clearly indicated to his prime rival that “people need more than just bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God.” (Matthew 4:4 NLT)

Understanding the context, the question becomes what does “every word of God contain” and why do we need it? I’m a prime believer that the Bible contains an answer (at the very least a portion of the complete answer) to ever situation any person can ever go through. This includes more than just spiritual edification and guidance problems. This also includes financial problems, relationship problems, family problems, education problems, etc. If that being the case and I am to live this truth in my every day life – how can I honestly live a one dimensional life reflecting a multi-dimensional truth? The two can't co-exist.

My only point – my mission in the body of Christ is to help build healthy ministries. Ministries that tend to meet the needs of levels of people on their levels of spirituality. This includes folks who are unchurched as well as those who are devout Christians and Bible scholars. Why? Just as Paul admits in Acts 24:15 (which is a direct correlation with Solomon in Proverbs) God reigns on the just, as well as the unjust. I have been commissioned and commanded to do 5 very important things: “to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you” (Matthew 28:19-20) and “Love God with my heart, soul, and mind and strength. The second is equally important, love my neighbor as myself.” (Mark 12:30-31).

Plainly said, these 5 important tasks are to:
1. Tell others about Christ (Evangelism)
2. Please God in all I do (Worship)
3. Create, build, and maintain healthy relationships with other Christians (Fellowship)
4. Teach others how to become like Christ (Discipleship)
5. Use what I have to help others when they need it (Ministry)


The Church’s Right in the Body of Christ

Your Argument: “However, I do have some heavy questions to ask churches and those in leadership, why spend so much time and energy in gathering resources, financial gains, securing pledged support, worrying about material needs? I thought God is responsible to handle these things if we first seek him. Am I correct about the bible in this regard?”

My Response
Initially, I’d like to know what scripture reference you’re using to base your conclusion. I’m really curious. Every commandment I’ve studied that refers to the purpose of the church has clearly indicated God’s purpose and desire that the church carry out the mission that Christ began. It’s not a matter of who – more so, a matter of how.

In terms of the church’s responsibility in general – it’s nothing more than to complete Christ’s mission. What was his mission? His mission was to save the world. It may sound weird or out of tact, but realistically speaking that’s what Christ did. Every step of the way, from preparation to crucifixion to resurrection…he was focused on saving a dying world.

Remember, it’s a question of how. How did he do it? It’s still a mystery – he was God in person…I mean, come on here...it’s supposed to be a mystery. Look at the facts – we’re not sure how many people were believers in God through Jesus Christ back in Biblical times – but, it’s wise to ascertain there weren’t many. So, from not many back in the day to over 3.1 billion Christians through Jesus Christ today – the man has a lot of ideas that we can definitely learn from.

With that ideology in mind, we’re to carry out the mission, but we’re not Jesus. Which means we (the church) have our own personality, mentality, resources, and specific tasks to complete within the Body of Christ. It’s wise for each portion of the Body to figure out where God has placed them and begin working as he originally designed. This may mean a church Body can be prioritized a number of ways; missions based, needs based, spiritually educationally based, evangelism based, ministry based, socially based, etc. Jesus never commanded there was a certain way to minister…he just said when to minister and where to minister.

So, your church may do it one way. Someone else’s church may do it another way – neither way is right or wrong as long as the focus has been prioritized in such a way that it fulfills the Great Commission and Great Commandment.


God’s Responsibility in the Body of Christ

Your Argument: “I thought God is responsible to handle these things if we first seek him. Am I correct about the bible in this regard? I thought we must exercise spiritual faith and apply biblical principles before reaching our hand out to the pockets that have money or the resources to assist our communities. Should we ask God to supply our needs? Should we look to man and corporations to supply our needs?”

My Response
You have great questions…for a new Christian. I’ve known you for years. It’s safe to assume that you know all the answers to these questions you’re asking.

For the sake of the blog, I’ll answer the questions.

God is responsible for handling things, if we seek him. You’re absolutely right. However, you need to understand three very important things about promises of God:

1. Promises are often conditional
2. God only gives us promises to help better accomplish His will
3. Don’t assume to know when , where, or how the promise will be fulfilled in your life


You still have responsibility in exercising faith and applying biblical principles, but helping someone is not an option. “Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?” (James 2:15-16 NIV). You should ask God to supply your needs, but asking God to supply your needs without you exercising your faith in God is as walking on water with the same beliefs as an atheist. Do you sit at home all day and say “God will supply my needs?” You don’t…God’s way to providing your needs is by working. “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.” (2nd Thessalonians 3:10 NIV)

My point here – is that everyone is in need. The level of need from man to man differs, but God is merciful and just as he extends mercy to other, we’re commanded to do the same (Matthew 5:7). You may not be in need financially or physically, but spiritually you’re in need – you’re constantly in needs of God’s provision, His grace, His benefits, etc. So, if it’s in your power to do so – lend a helping hand. If anything more, it pleases God that you’re using your gifts and abilities for the benefit of others, you’re developing and building a healthy relationship, and you’re empowering someone else to extend the same assistance to someone else that they were given by you.

Mr. I'm Here - I hope this shines light on my opinions of why I do what I do. I don't wish to convince you to see things the way I do - that's a sin - but I don't mind sharing with you the reasons and opinions that make up who The Church Boy really is and what he's all about...

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Blogger Tim 11:24 AM

My friend...we definitely need to talk. Nothing bad, but we need to talk. :)    



Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 9:05 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



» Post a Comment


online