A day in the life of...

This really ain't for you...it's for me. It's a peek into my life, as I live the life. I hope you enjoy...

I Need Your Help...All Yall!!!

Listen...I need your help like a mothafucker. I was having an interesting conversation w/my mentor about my life. We were talking about where I am in life, where I plan on going, what I've learned, how I plan to use my experiences to work in my advantage, etc. We started talking about forgiveness. He immediately told me, "You have some forgiveness issues to work on, don't you?" That hit me like a ton of bricks. I actually thought to myself, "Damn, do I really have some forgivness issues?"
Question that I need an asnwer to. How do you know you've really forgiven someone?
Till we meet again,
The ChurchBoy
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 12:39 AM

That's a difficult question to answer, because forgiveness is such a tricky thing. I tend to think you've forgiven someone when you can think about them without wishing them serious bodily harm.    



Two cents left by: Blogger lj 5:57 AM

I agree with Lateef. Except I would say That you've forgiven someone when you can think back on whatever the situation was and NOT feel angry about it.    



Two cents left by: Anonymous Anonymous 7:20 AM

Forgiveness is the act of releasing claim to resentment, anger, bitterness, hatred, or offense. Forgiveness should not be viewed as a single act in pardoning someone from committing transgression(s) towards someone. To forgive is an act that is multi-faceted, in acknowledging the problem or violation, restoring balance to you first with self-examination, and releasing claim to resentment, anger, bitterness, hatred and offense towards the defendant. When you forgive, an estoppel is rendered to withhold judgment from the individual(s) who violated you in any respect. We must remember that forgiveness entreats dismissal of the violation because you know the consequences of their transgressions, even when they are not aware of it. When you forgive, you are the one who is able to foresee the consequences of their actions and dismiss them from not only harming you, but also harming themselves. You will only be able to forgive when you first come into knowledge of who you are and when your character is established in true love, compassion, concern, and mercy towards others, dismissing their punishment for their lewd acts. When you forgive, the power of contrition is distributed from your hand towards those who ignorantly offended you. When people violate you, or offend you or your family, when you forgive them even before the act is completed, they will seek for you to pardon them from their violation. In other words, you are moving yourself from the plaintiff position of affliction to the powerful position as judge and jury. Not only do you have the power to dismiss the judgment against them, you have the right and the responsibility to restore them to health, strength and ask God to prosper them and not to curse them. This is considered the blessing factor of forgiveness.    



Two cents left by: Blogger lj 7:33 AM

well...thats good too    



Two cents left by: Blogger Tim 11:03 AM

I have to side with lateef on this one.

And yes, at times we ALL have forgiveness issues, but they challenge is to overcome those issues each and every time.    



Two cents left by: Blogger Ladynay 4:50 AM

Everyone pretty much some it up.    



» Post a Comment


online